Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Follow-up Thoughts

As I was writing this entry on the Streaming or Sketching Camera, I noticed something in one of Eric Fossum slides, if you reduce further the pixel size


then for whatever lens is used, you are going to hit the diffraction limit. This is interesting, because while some would consider it a problem, I view this as an opportunity (something I mentioned earlier). Exceeding the diffraction limit means that a point will be transformed into a large disc on the CMOS FPA thereby allowing several sources to mix on any one pixel. This is typically an instance of compressive sensing. Eric proposes a different and equally exciting route altogether, the QIS. In particular, I like this slide about that project:



which reminds me of this one:







Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.

No comments:

Printfriendly